If water damage has been an issue in your property, water restoration or water damage restoration may be something you need to look into. Prime Restoration is the leading water damage restoration company in the area, and we provide a range of water restoration services that can help you get your property back to its former glory. In this article, we’ll talk about what water restoration is, what services Prime Restoration provides as part of our water restoration process, and what you can expect from us during the water restoration process.
Can your property be restored if it floods due to a disaster? Check out our 9-step guide to water restoration.
- Think Before Entering – After the storm, you may have to wait hours or days to access your home. In any event, be cautious when reentering the premises. Generally, switch off all electricity and gas at the source. Because items may have moved substantially in the water, wear protective footwear before entering. If water is still present, do not light candles or strike a match. Do not touch electrical appliances with your bare hands and avoid flipping switches without proper assessment of damage to walls, floors, insulation and other materials.
- Beware of Mold – Stagnant water and damp surfaces in your home create the perfect conditions for mold to grow. Mold can be very dangerous and cause nasty allergic reactions, respiratory problems and even lead to death when left untreated. If you suspect that there is a possibility of mold growth (usually indicated by water-stained drywall or wallpaper) do not touch it with bare hands and do not try to wipe it off the surfaces. Contact water restoration specialists immediately for assessment of water damage, water extraction and mold cleaning in affected area(s).
- Check the Property’s Structural Integrity – You may be meticulous about maintenance and often inspect your home. But flood damage can easily escape your notice even though water damage may be all around you. Check the structural integrity of the property before entering by looking for visible cracks in foundation walls, floors and ceilings or leaning chimneys, water stains on interior wall surfaces above floor level from plumbing leaks inside a home’s structure are signs that water restoration is necessary to prevent further water damage
- Wear Protective Clothing – Wearing protective clothing like rubber gloves, boots and water resistant gowns. Standing water may include sharp objects and chemicals that can cause serious injuries if they come in contact with your skin.
- Take Photographs – Now that you can assess your home, you must document the damage to your insurance company. Take photographs of water damage stains, the water source and the affected areas. This is true regardless of the damage. Take as many photos of the property as you can.
- Start the Drying Process – The first step is to get the water out of your house as soon as possible . You can do this by using water extraction fans. It is important to extract water as soon as possible because the longer water sits in your home, the more damage it will cause.
- Provide Ventilation – You can speed up the drying process by opening windows in areas with minor water damage and increasing the airflow in rooms with water damage. When possible, turn on fans to increase air circulation around your house.
- Disinfect the Area – You can start salvaging items after the ventilation process has started. When salvaging water-damaged items, it is important to disinfect the area. Bleach can be used on many surfaces in your home because it kills most germs and bacteria.
- Call a Water Restoration Company – If the complexity of it all overwhelms you, call a water restoration company. The water restoration company will have the equipment and training to help with the water restoration process. Professionals can see damage that you cannot, so water restoration companies are able to provide a better assessment of the water damage. They can expedite the process using water restoration procedures and water damage equipment.
When water damage occurs, it’s important to take the necessary steps right away. If you are not properly equipped or have no knowledge of how to start a water restoration process, call Prime Restoration for Water Restoration Services. We know just what needs to be done in order to get your property back up and running again quickly.
It may seem overwhelming at first but there are steps you can follow to help restore your home back to its original condition – we hope these steps were helpful! If the problem is too much for you or if you need more information about how Prime Restoration can help, call us today! We offer 24-hour emergency services so no matter what time of day it is, we’ll dispatch our team immediately.
A Water Restoration Company Serving Utah
Contact Prime Restoration now at (801) 509-6899 for 24 hour emergency water restoration, fire damage restoration, or mold treatment, or receive a quick quotation from our website. Our water damage restoration company will come to your Utah home in 30 to 60 minutes.
Learn More Information About Water Damage Repair.