As many homeowners know, mold can grow anywhere. You don’t have to own a home that was built in the 1800s or even be near a body of water for mold to show up. All mold needs is something organic to eat and moisture to cling onto, which it will do with reckless abandon if things are right. If you see signs of mold in your home, it’s important to take care of the issue as soon as possible. mold remediation services provided by Prime Restoration can help you get rid of mold and make sure it doesn’t come back. In this article, we’ll discuss the top 5 signs of mold in your home.
5 Signs of Mold in Your Home
- Water Damage: One of the most obvious warning signs for mold growth is water damage, whether it’s recent or from a past incident. If you have a leaky roof or dripping toilet that you’re putting off fixing, they can create the perfect environment for mold growth. But people often overlook the possibility of mold in areas of past water damage. Don’t assume that just because visible water from a burst pipe or stormwater flood has been cleaned up that there is no longer a risk of mold growth. Water from these types of events can seep under flooring or behind walls and lead to mold growth that isn’t visible without further investigation.
- Musty Odors: Ask anyone who owns an older home and they’ll tell you that odd odors come with the territory, but that doesn’t mean you should ignore them. Often times a musty odor is the only sign of mold that is growing in places you can’t see. If the musty odor in your home is persistent and stronger in one specific area, it may be time to call in a professional to take a closer look.
- Allergy-Like Symptoms: It can be difficult to distinguish between health problems caused by mold and seasonal allergies because the symptoms are so similar. Common symptoms of mold exposure include sneezing, itchy eyes, and nasal congestion. When trying to determine the cause of your symptoms, consider when and where your health issues are at their worst. If sneezing and itchy eyes are only happening when you’re inside your home, there’s a good chance that mold could be the culprit.
- Condensation: Condensation is moisture and moisture is fuel for mold growth. If you’re seeing condensation more often than simply in the bathroom after a hot shower, it may be a sign of a high humidity level in your home. Purchasing a dehumidifier is a simple way to correct the issue before it leads to mold growth. You may also notice condensation on metal pipes, which can be rectified by wrapping them with added insulation.
- Hidden Home Warnings: Water damage and mold don’t always show up with clear warning signs. Instead, some of the quirky things that you’ve noticed in your home could be telling you about a bigger problem. Is there a section of your floor that feels squishy? It could be more than just your home settling – there’s a chance that the subfloor has water damage and/or mold growth. Have you noticed bubbles in the paint on your walls, particularly in the bathroom or near a window? One of the most common causes of paint bubbles is moisture, and as you know, moisture often leads to mold growth. It’s important not to overlook or put off these seemingly small issues and bring in an expert to take a closer look before it turns into a much bigger problem.
A Mold Remediation Company Serving Utah
Contact Prime Restoration now at (801) 509-6899 for 24 hour mold remediation, fire damage restoration, or water cleanup, or receive a quick quotation from our website. Our mold remediation company will give you a free estimate for the cost of mold remediation for your Utah house in 30 to 60 minutes.