Mold remediation and mold removal can be tricky, and it’s important to trust the professionals when it comes to getting rid of mold. Prime Restoration is a trusted mold remediation company that can help you get rid of mold in your home or office. We have a professional mold removal process that will ensure the mold is completely eliminated. In this article, we’ll go over mold removal services and what is the process of mold removal, so be sure to read this article if you’re interested in learning more about mold remediation.
How Does Mold Affect My Health In My Home?
While mold may cause major health problems and infections, the most frequent symptoms resemble allergies or the common cold. Headaches, sore throats, and congestion are all possible symptoms of mold contamination in your house.
How Do I Remove Mold From My House?
If you suspect mold growth in your house, it is critical to take action to detect and then eradicate it. However, you should not attempt the mold removal process on your own.
If excessively high mold levels are detected via indoor air quality testing or an inspection, treatment is suggested. This should be done by a professional remediation company that employs qualified, trained personnel with expertise removing and cleaning up mold from an interior setting.
Our 6 Steps Mold Removal Process
- Application Of Antimicrobials: This is the very first step in the mold removal process. If your house or company has had recent water damage but there is no obvious mold development, we may apply an antimicrobial agent to prevent mold from growing until the wet area has been completely dried off. Antimicrobials may also be used to destroy mold spores that are already present if they are present.
- Identification Of The Source: Mold is often seen in areas that have previously been exposed to water or are located near a source of moisture. Bathrooms, basements, sink cabinets, and window sills are all places of concern due to condensation. Our professionals can detect abnormally high levels of moisture in residential and commercial properties using state-of-the-art, industry-specific moisture detection equipment and inspection methods such as thermal imaging. This often helps in determining the source of the moisture incursion.
- Containment: Mold may swiftly spread if the correct circumstances exist. After repairing the source of moisture infiltration, our professionals isolate the contaminated areas to prevent mold spores from spreading to other sections of the property. Containment is crucial for decreasing the risk of cross contamination to unaffected areas.
- Filtration Of Air: Mold spores might be disturbed and become airborne during the mold removal process. Along with confinement, the air must be cleansed. Throughout the duration of the project, negative air machines equipped with high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters operate continually. This effectively removes mold spores, dust, microbial volatile organic compounds (MVOCs), and other airborne waste from the afflicted area.
- Cleaning And Disposal: In most cases, the only method to assure an efficient mold removal process is to totally remove damaged items. This is often accomplished via the use of drywall, insulation, wood trim, carpet, and even furniture. We adhere to the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification’s (IICRC) industry standards while effectively removing mold from your home or business. If the mold-contaminated space exceeds 10 square feet, the services of a professional environmental expert are necessary. The expert will conduct a final clearing test, ensuring that the mold has been adequately minimized.
- Replacement: As previously stated, areas polluted by mold may need the removal of contaminated goods. In these instances, we may offer restoration services and replace damaged building components. The property will be returned to its pre-loss state at the finish.
Why You Require A Mold Remediation And Restoration Company
Mold removal is a difficult task. To accomplish the work effectively, it takes specialized equipment, training, and certification. Mold, if not managed correctly, may be harmful and pose a health risk.
For these reasons, it’s essential to get assistance from a reputable mold removal and restoration company with highly experienced personnel and the necessary equipment. If you want assistance with mold damage to your home or business, Prime Restoration is a one-stop shop.
A Mold Remediation Company Serving Utah
Contact Prime Restoration now at (801) 509-6899 for 24 hour mold remediation, fire damage restoration, or water cleanup, or receive a quick quotation from our website. Our mold remediation company will tell you all about our professional mold removal process for your Utah home or business in 30 to 60 minutes.
Learn more about the types of mold that grows in Utah homes.